Friday, April 27, 2007

Really Nice People!.... THANK YOU FRIENDS AND STRANGERS!

Well, its been almost all month since I wrote a note here, and i wanted to do that... so..

Random Acts of Kindness

Ya know, things do come around... I was out in front of the Cabin yesterday, using my 14" craftsman chain saw to cut down the 20 foot tall stumps out there. (two of my large ponderosa pines broke off in the wind over the spring) Well, the trees are like 80 foot tall. And i needed to get those tall stumps cut down, and the other 4 very large dead ones down also. at the base of them, I'd say there are about 2 foot thick. I am a computer guy, with handy man tendencies, not a lumber jack. but i have whacked a lot of trees over the years.

Back to the story, So here i am farting around with those big trees, got one down, and was working on stump two. with 4 large trees to go. Two guys had ridden by a few times. eventually they stoped... I'm thinking, ahhh,.... now what... They introduced themselves, (for the live of me i forgot their names within 1 minute...) They said, we are out looking for trees, but it does not look like you have ones we want... (yea, dead ponderosa pines are not real big sellers).... But anyway, we see your having a hard time here, would it be ok if we knocked those down for you? ahhh.... yea,, ....that'd be great...
Back to their truck, pulled out a 36" bar chain saw... looked at me, said, you really need to buy a saw... They looked around, asked where i wanted the trees dropped. i pointed... they spent, what,,, 15, or 20 minutes, dropped those puppies right on the mark, would not take any cash, shook hands and left.. Wow, really nice...

Next day, i still have some plumbing work to fix, namely the kitchen faucet, we could not find the replacement part. Todd and I were out all day, in Show Low, getting the Quads re-registered. (another story for later). ended up buying an entire new faucet, Todd said he had a basin wrench, he would go get and let me barrow.

A bit later he showed up, climbed under the sink, before i had a chance to stop him, and before ya know it he had replaced the faucet!!

so my point.... over the years we all do little nice things for people, just because.
and some days those little niceties come back around... So very nice.

being as now days, i can not do much, for long, it is just unbelievable and wonderful to be the recipient of favors. (and i am sure i have been the recipient of many favors over the years, but, we just don't always know it,... do we...)

Thank you Friends and Strangers!

As tired as i am, I just wanted to make sure i took time tonight to get this letter posted while it was fresh in my mind, and let the world know, doing little nice things in life, do indeed come back around.
In the case of Todd, seems he is the one always doing me the favors, and I mean ALWAYS. someday I'll be able to do something as valuable for him as the MANY things he does, and has done for me over the years!

On other notes, dogs are good, Abby (the new dog) is a good cabin dog, does not run (much). and stays close to her two Leger's.

all cabin plumbing functional (cept for the outside hose bib, do that next trip).

all large potentially dangerous dead trees are cut (tomorrow is cut up and stacking day).

Quads are once again legal.

must remember to say some extra special thank you prayers tonight.

QB.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a fascinating post.

QuadBob said...

Thanks Jim. Not sure if your one of the many Jim's I know or not. but thanks for reading, and glad you liked it enought to make a comment.
QB

Anonymous said...

Well:
QB a nice story I know the date reads April & this is some time later but maybe you will have a wee look someday. Yes theses acts are out there, few & far in-between. Maybe you will not be able to help those individuals but there will be someone else out there you can help my hat is off to you for the fact that you distinguish these acts for what they are.
Cheers
Pete