Thursday, March 22, 2007

Just another day.... tear-jerker...

How is it that pets get into a part of your hart that most people never get into? Yesterday was a tough day. My girl Casey dog, was really starting to suffer, refused to eat, and would (as best she could) move away from me when trying to get something in her. OK, so we'll see how the day goes...

I ended up staying home with her, later in the morning, I wanted to run to the bank, she heard the keys jingle, and got up, and followed me to the door, she was taking a ride, that's all there was to it. I picked her up and put her in the truck. we drove around the neighborhood for a while, and she got up a couple time to get her head out the window. We stopped by Burger King, and I got her some Tator tots. she actually ate those up. But by this time her gums and tongue were almost completely white, and breathing was tough.

Got back to the house, and she would not get out of the truck. no way, no how. would not let me pick her up etc. So we sat in the truck for about 3 hours. It was come and go, in and out. I finally decided this was crazy and headed for the vet. We sat outside there for a while, and eventually, she let me pick her up and go in. all done by 12:30. she was calm and peaceful all the way.

How odd, she knew, insisted on a ride, and insisted on not going back into the house. It will be quite awhile for me to get over that day. QB

No comments: